Thursday, March 18, 2010

Take Me Away...

Did I ever tell you about my fear of flying? I don't know what it is, but I used to not be so fearful. It may be because I had a bad experience coming back from a family trip to the Dominican Republic. The plane kept dropping and a kid kept screaming,"We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" I just remember gripping my mother's hand and feeling my stomach drop as we got closer to the ground. I have never been the same since. Then 9/11 happened. My roomate and I couldn't sleep for weeks and when a plane flew by in the middle of the night it was all over. Now I get panic attacks and stress out. Yeah, it kind of makes it extremely difficult to go anywhere. It's the reason I have cancelled trips and not gone to some weddings. Now it is making it hard to plan a much needed vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment