Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love & Loss

In the middle of all the weddings we've had, we have been struck with the sudden death of my fiance's grandfather. He was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer over the holidays and underwent aggressive chemo and radiation treatments. These treatment injections caused an infection which led to his hospitalization last week and to what his family did not expect to happen.  It's very sad to see a family go through something like this especially when they have never experienced death so closely before.

With all this I am reminded of my grandmother's passing more than ten years ago. It was a very familiar situation, sad and painful but the love of my family healed the pain.

I pulled out of my future sister-in-laws bachelorette party to be with my fiance and was glad I stayed to help his family out while they faced this tragic loss. It's amazing the power of love a family can hold. His whole family dropped everything and drove miles across Texas to be with their grandfather during his last days.

I know that things happen for a reason and believe he was ready to go on even though he left behind so many people who loved him. My prayers are with his family and hope their love blankets their loss.

God bless you Juan Quintanilla. You will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment