Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Beginning to (not) Look a Lot Like Christmas

This week is Christmas, but in Houston it feels like a hot mess. I can't complain because it could be the other way around. This year I am torn between going to my aunt's house as my family has done every year or going with my fiancee to his parents celebration. His whole family is coming up from the Valley since his grandpa is currently going through chemo treatments here. He has a rare form of cancer and it's the first time the family has not celebrated at their grandparents house.

My family is having issues right now and I find it hard to stomach any gathering because I hate the tension, but somehow I push through and go anyway. I don't mind going to either, but every year my mom and I swear we are going to hop a plane and have our own Christmas elsewhere. One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment