Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman

Lately, I've been thinking about the girl I was before all this responsibility kicked in. Back in the day I was so eager to get dressed up and spend the night on the town. Nowadays I can't even stay up past 11 to save my life. I feel guilty that I don't hang out with my friends as much as I'd like to and that we all have our own lives taking over.

It feels weird getting older and slowly realizing you're one of the oldest people at the club and yes that girl who looks 16 is really 22. I remember laughing at people my age trying to dress and act young. Now look at me. Gray hairs have appeared on my head and my hairdresser asked me at my last appointment when I would consider dying my hair (what the hell?). Maybe I'm freaking out for no reason, but I do miss hanging out with just the girls and eating Taco Cabana at 4AM.

I still feel like that Hooter's waitress (but with more income), working her way through college and having fun along the way, but my body says, "if you go to bed now you'll get 9 hours of sleep." I'm sure everyone goes through this and this feeling will pass but I think a night out with my ladies just might do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment