Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Started


I still feel I am running circles in trying to start planning a wedding. Once I start thinking about something it leads to a new detail. And that new detail sparks a new thought and so on and so on.

Every person I talk to has a new set of questions about the wedding that I have not even though about and it makes me worry, since I have no idea what I am doing.

We compiled a list of invitees and mine is short compared to my fiance's 3 page list. Having something small is out of the question especially since our family's are large and they will all show. I seriously thought I had time to plan and ride the wave of engagement, but I have to get a move on the initial plans. Setting mini-goals for myself is the only way that will ease the stress and ensure that I don't have a breakdown.

My current goals are securing the locations for ceremony 1 and 2 and picking out the colors, which the fiancee and I established on Sunday. We also finally set a date since we were waiting on his brother's schedule from the Marines. Luckily, it works with the dates I had in mind.

This weekend a co-worker asked to take me to a Bridal Showcase in Houston and I hesitantly agreed. I doubt it will provide me any insight to what I really need, but the free cake wouldn't hurt.

P.S. I started looking at dresses, but only know what I don't want. This will be a tough one, so I am putting it off for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment