Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh, Alex.

Alex is proving to be a serious storm. I just realized that I have no hurricane kit nor am I ready if any hurricane decides to come over our way. The last two Hurricanes, my family and I were very lucky. We stayed home and some extended family members stayed over and ended up camping out for weeks. We never lost power and escaped heavy rain, but fear we may not be so lucky in the future. You never know and I want to be prepared. According to http://www.hurricane.com/, here are some items that you should have on hand during a hurricane:

Water - don't forget your pets too!
Non-perishable packaged/canned food and juice
Cooking tools, fuel
Toiletries
Blankets, pillows
Toys, books, games
Important documents printed and put into waterproof container/bag
Pet care items-cage, food, medicines
Baby Wipes
Tools
Cash
Battery operated TV
Radio
Batteries
Candles
Matches/Lighters

No comments:

Post a Comment