Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting Back on Track

I have been taking care of my mother as she recovers from Hysterectomy surgery and have been slowly trying to take care of some wedding duties. My parents have decided to throw an engagement party for family and close friends next month, but it means I will have to start prepping since my mom will be recovering for 6-8 weeks.

The future mother-in-law has decided and already purchased items for a luau theme and is willing to help out any way she can. My goal this weekend is to secure our Vegas locale since it is already booking through 2012. I don't want to wait any longer for fear that we may have to wait until then to have the ceremony, which I do not want to do.

The wedding showcase last weekend wasn't very impressive, but I did find a great invitation design and a great makeup lady. Also, the cake and champagne samples didn't hurt. Next on the list is visiting the church and meeting with the priest to start the whole catholic church process. Once that is done we can secure that date and start the real planning. Baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment