Thursday, June 30, 2011

Revelations

There are things I often think about and wish I'd new earlier on in life. I don't think they are regrets, but more like "oh yeah" moments. Growing up I was such a fighter and always put my guard up because I was let down by so many people. Now the fight isn't worth it anymore and I have found myself much happier focusing on the things that bring me joy.

I wonder if I would have had this philosophy at a much younger age, would I still be so guarded? I am very cautious and analyze my every move because I want to be prepared, but I want to give everything a chance. Anxiety is something I struggle with because of these emotions and is difficult for me to manage. I feel like the way I used to be was mean in a way and can't help but want to mend the broken friendships/relationships that suffered along the way.

I know things happen for a reason and that paths sometimes go in different directions, but there are things I would do different if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment